Information on Lifestyle College Stand Alone course in Landscape Design
Our very popular Landscape Design course is now available online.
For 27 years Lifestyle College has been presenting Landscape Design and Horticulture course at our Campus situated at Lifestyle Home Garden in Johannesburg. We are now able to offer our courses nationally via our online platform as well as in class at our College in Randburg.
You will still get the best education as the course is presented by the same qualified lecturer and you can interact with the lecturer using the virtual classroom sessions on Saturday mornings.
The Landscape Design Course gives you the introduction into the world of design and the ability to get your feet wet by tackling your own garden or a starting point for a new career.
What you will require?
- Internet access
- Availability to have a virtual meeting on a Saturday morning between 09h00 and 12h00 (times to be confirmed with group)
- Time to complete an easy assessment which is open book.
- All notes available immediately.
- Weekly videos to pace the learning process.
What will you get?
- Full set of notes online
- PowerPoint for certain sections of the course
- Five virtual Question and Answer sessions with our expert designers Debbie Smit and Richard Gibb ( 3 sessions approximately 9 hours)
- Detailed videos explaining the various aspects of Landscape Design (15 hours of videos)
- A Lifestyle College certificate on successfully completing all course requirements:
- Attendance of virtual classroom sessions
- Passing the assignment
What will be covered?
- The different Garden Styles
- Creating your personal style
- The building blocks of design – design goals
- The design rules – design principles
- How do you design (Design process)?
- Creating a starting point (Concept plan)
- Planting (Planting design, categories of plants, what goes where)
- Using water in the garden
- Using paving, pots, trellis, gravel, pergolas, seats, birdbaths
How will the Assessment work?
You will get an opportunity to submit.
When does it start?
What is the cost?
Introductory cost of R1800.00 incl VAT for the online course and R2500 incl VAT for the in class course. Numbers are limited.
How do I book?
- Complete the enrolment form and email back to us at email@example.com
- Pay the fee for the course using your surname as a reference.
- Once we receive all the information we will confirm your booking.
Is the course accredited?
No, it is not accredited as it is a short skill course meant to improve your knowledge.
Looking forward to seeing you in our virtual classroom or at our College campus.