We are currently taking enrolments for our 2022 Full Time Course in Landscape Design. Orientation takes place on Thursday 28 July 2022 for this exciting course.
This full time course is aimed at people looking for a career in landscape design.
The 12 month full-time programme covers the complete spectrum of more than 29 courses with variable numbers of days for each course and 8 weeks of practical experience and other practical weeks. This programme runs from August of the current year to August of the following year. The full time course is run during the week from 09h00 to 16h00 or as otherwise indicated.
The following pre-screening process takes place:
- General questionnaire
A laptop with the following specifications is required for the full-time course:
- Laptop compliant with AutoCAD
- Windows 10 latest update with Microsoft Office.
- 4GB Memory.
- 1920 x 1080 recommended resolution for screen.
- 4.0 GB available memory space.
- DirectX® 9 ¹. DirectX 11 compliant card recommended graphics card.
- Media player – Adobe Flash Player v10 or up.
- Available USB Ports and network port (LAN port).
What Does This Course Include?
The course includes lectures, workshops, practical experience and outings. This allows great opportunity to experiment and learn from the experienced landscapers. A full-time prospectus will be sent with more detailed information upon request.
- Trolley displays of plant material
- Nursery displays of plant material
- Landscape Design 3 Practical (4 weeks under mentorship) Show Gardens at Lifestyle Home Garden.
- Outings to gardens & mentoring by qualified landscapers.
- Networking with qualified Landscape Designers.
- Lectures/workshops/studio work – these days are Facilitated by a qualified Facilitator.
- Exam Assessment Days – most courses require a project to be completed at home at your own pace.
- Project/Exam assessment days – Most courses project/exam assessment days are done as group assessments at the College.
What To Expect From Each Course?
For each course the number of days you need to attend will vary from course to course.
A qualified facilitator/lecturer will present a certain number of days/lecturers depending on course.
Different courses have different amount of studio days allocated to them. Studio work is often overseen by a Facilitators Assistant that is there to help and guide you through your exam assessment.
Project/Exam Assessment Day:
Each course has a project/exam assessment that needs to be presented at the end of the course.
An “Exam Assessment Day” is set in the timetable.
Most project/exam assessments are presented to the group.
Certificates Achieved At The End of The Full Time Programme
Lifestyle College Certificate in Landscape Design (not accredited).
Accreditation process with QCTO in progress.
The process of Accreditation is a lengthy one and Lifestyle College is developing the level 4 and 5 of Landscape Design for the South African Green Industry Council.
As soon as the qualification is registered with the South African Qualification Authority a process of Recognition of Prior learning can be done by students to obtain the Accredited certificate from AgriSeta once Recognition of Prior Learning has been implemented.
The Lifestyle College is affiliated and has a good standing with the following bodies within the Green Industry:
- SALI (South African Landscapers Institute)
- SAGIC (South African Green Industry)
- SAKV. SANA (South African Nursery Association)
- IERM (Institute of Environmental and Recreation Management)
Download the complete 2022 Full Time Landscape Design Course Prospectus below.
Detailed course curriculum, a breakdown of the course and pricing can be found in the prospectus.
You can download our 2022 Enrolment form to enrol now here: