Information on Lifestyle College Stand Alone course in Horticulture
For 27 years Lifestyle College has been presenting Landscape Design and Horticulture course at our Campus situated at Lifestyle Home Garden in Johannesburg. We are now able to offer our courses to a wider audience via our online platform as well as in class at our College in Randburg.
With the online course, you will still get the best education as the course is presented by the same qualified lecturer and you can interact with the lecturer using the virtual classroom sessions on Saturday mornings.
The Horticulture course teaches an organic approach to looking after plants and your garden. It ensures that you get the best quality out of your garden or vegetable garden.
What you will require for the online course?
- Internet access
- Availability to have a virtual meeting on a Saturday morning between 09h00 and 12h00 (times to be confirmed with group)
- Time to complete an easy assessment which is open book.
- All notes available immediately.
- Weekly videos to pace the learning process.
What will you get with the online course?
- Full set of notes online
- PowerPoint presentations
- Live question and answer sessions 3 x 3 hours with well-known horticulturist and landscaper Debbie Smit
- Detailed videos explaining each topic ( 20 hours of videos)
- Get to learn all the secrets of an organic and healthy garden
- A Lifestyle College certificate on successfully completing all course requirements:
- Attendance of virtual classroom sessions
- Passing the assignment
What will be covered?
- How a plant functions and grows
- Understanding your soil type and how to improve it organically using organic methods.
- Fertilising plants
- Controlling pest and diseases
- Planting correctly
How will the Assessment work?
The Assessment will be a simple Question and Answer word document that will be emails to the College once completed.
When does it start?
What is the cost?
Introductory cost of R1800.00 incl VAT for the online course and R2500.00 incl VAT for the in class course. Numbers are limited.
How do I book?
- Complete the enrolment form and email back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay the fee for the course using your surname as a reference.
- Once we receive all the information we will confirm your booking.
Is the course accredited?
No, it is not accredited as it is a short skill course meant to improve your knowledge.
Looking forward to seeing you in our virtual classroom or at our College campus.