Information on Lifestyle College course in Organic Fruit and Vegetable Gardening
Eat healthy and grow your own!
Take control of your own nutrition and grow your own fruit and vegetables at home…
For 27 years Lifestyle College has been presenting Landscape Design and Horticulture courses at our Campus situated at Lifestyle Home Garden in Johannesburg. We are now able to offer our courses to a wider audience via our online platform as well as in class at our College in Randburg.
With our new online course option, you will still get the best education as the course is presented by the same qualified lecturer and you can interact with the lecturer using the virtual classroom sessions on Saturday mornings.
The Organic Fruit and Vegetable, online or in class course, teaches an organic approach to looking after fruit trees and vegetable gardens. It ensures that you get the best quality out of your fruit or vegetable garden.
What will you get with the in class course?
What you will require for the online course?
- Internet access
- Availability to have a virtual meeting on a Saturday morning between 09h00 and 12h00 (times to be confirmed with group)
- All notes available immediately.
- Weekly videos to pace the learning process.
What will you get with the online course?
- Full set of notes online
- PowerPoint for the course to assist in grasping the concepts
- 3 Virtual Question and Answer sessions with our expert Horticulturists Debbie Smit total of approximate 9 hours
- Detailed videos explaining the various aspects of Horticulture – 35 videos
- A Lifestyle College certificate on successfully completing all course requirements
- Attendance of virtual classroom sessions
What will be covered in these courses?
- Principles of vegetable gardening
- Site preparation, cultivation, and management
- Growing different vegetable crops
- Site selection and preparation for growing fruit trees
- Vegetable gardening in containers
- Soil preparation
- Vegetable seeds
- When to plant
- Crop rotation
- Succession and companion planting
- Different types of vegetable – alliums, brassicas, legumes etc
- Fruit tree production
- Site selection for Fruit trees
- Fruit tree maintenance, pruning
- Fruit thinning
- Budding and grafting fruits
- And lots more…
When do the courses start?
What is the cost?
Introductory cost of R1800.00 incl VAT for the online course and R2500.00 incl VAT for the in class course. Numbers are limited.
How do I book?
- Complete the enrolment form and email back to us at email@example.com
- Pay the fee for the course using your surname as a reference.
- Once we receive all the information we will confirm your booking.
Is the course accredited?
No, it is not accredited as it is a short skill course meant to improve your knowledge.
Looking forward to seeing you in our virtual classroom or at our College campus.